We take ideas and recommendations from tenants, residents and from our Neighbourhood or Wellbeing Teams, about improvements and activities that would benefit our communities. Other staff and Saffron Community Members can also put forward ideas from the Community Triangles to improve the areas they have visited.
The Community Foundation funds our Tenant Support & Wellbeing Service and could also offer short term or one-off support for tenants struggling to maintain their homes. Talk to your Neighbourhood Officer or Wellbeing Coordinator to find out if we can help with this.
Community improvement funding
This funding aimed at activities or physical improvements which primarily benefit our tenants, residents or communities.
You can submit improvement ideas by attending a Community Triangle in your area, or using the community improvement ideas form by clicking here. You can return it by either:
- Email to our Tenants and Communities Team by clicking here
- Post to Tenants and Communities Team, Saffron Housing Trust, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XP
- Contact your Neighbourhood Officer or Wellbeing Coordinator
Grant applications must be supported by a Saffron employee.
Funding decisions are made by a panel of volunteer staff and tenants. The supporting member of staff will make the case to the panel on behalf of the community.
Examples of improvements include:
- New letterboxes at Trafalgar House, Great Yarmouth
- A new bin store at Skelton Road, Diss
- Community clear up day, Pulham St Mary
Community project grants
These grants are aimed at local groups and not-for-profit organisations who share our vision for place shaping and creating positive futures.
We will support schemes which develop new ways to reach and include our tenants and the wider community.
In 2022, the Community Foundation provided £44,985 to 12 Groups. During 2021, the Community Foundation provided just under £50,000 to 13 groups.
The maximum amount allocated to each group is £5000. Decisions on funding are made by our panel of volunteer staff and tenants.
We are looking for schemes and projects which will:
- Encourage community engagement and cohesion
- Promote and enable training and education-based activity
- Helping people back into employment
- Digital inclusion
- Reduce social isolation in all age groups
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Create an environmental benefit
- Increase engagement in activities with underrepresented groups
Our Community Foundation are currently working on their new strategy and until this has been formally approved, we are not able to confirm what grants we will be offering for the 2023-24 financial year. We will update you as soon as we can.
If you have any further questions, please email the team by clicking here.