There is a Disability Funding Grant (DFG) which could help if you or anyone in your household is disabled and has difficulty getting into or moving around your home or accessing everything you need within it. To qualify for a DFG, the cost of any changes will need to be over £500.
You should consider applying for changes to your home through your local council’s website where you will find more information.
The type of work that could be considered includes:
- Installing shallow steps or ramps
- Widening of doors and doorways
- Improved lighting
- Level access showers and bathroom adaptations
To find out more information including how to apply, visit your local council’s website.
We can provide minor adaptations (under £500) such as grab rails, handrails, lever taps, shower seats and moving light switches and sockets to suit your needs. You can contact us for these adaptations, and we will either complete it, or put you in touch with another organisation who can help.
If your door is reported beyond repair by our surveyors, they will then pass these details onto the Improvements Team, who will contact you when we are ready to discuss installation.
Installations are carried out by third party contractors who we work closely with to ensure the highest standards are met. Your door will most likely be replaced with a composite door* to meet our standard specification.
*A composite door is made from a combination of materials to create a door that is strong and weatherproof.
If your windows are reported beyond repair by our surveyors, they will then pass these details onto the Improvements Team, who will contact you when we are ready to discuss installation.
All installations are carried out by third party contractors who we work closely with to ensure the highest standards are met.
If we have identified that your kitchen or bathroom needs replacing, we will take the below steps when we start our review:
- A surveyor will come to your home.
- For kitchens - we will draw up a plan, listen to your ideas and maximise the usable space. We can also provide a range of kitchen draws and worktops to suit you.
- For bathrooms – we will survey the bathroom and identify if anything can be repaired or if you need a replacement.
- As part of the upgrade, we will fully decorate the room and ensure there is adequate ventilation. We can also provide a flooring allowance so you can choose the flooring you would like.
- Most of the work is carried out by our own craftworkers.
For any alteration requests please complete the application form below. You can return it either by:
- Email to email@example.com.
- Post to Alterations Teams, Saffron Housing Trust, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XP.