Together with Tenants
The National Housing Federation (NHF) is the membership body for housing associations in England and they have launched the ‘Together with Tenants’ initiative’, The NHF is asking for your opinion on their draft plan, called ‘Together with Tenants’.
The “Together With Tenants” draft plan includes 4 proposed actions:
- A new requirement in the National Housing Federation Code of Governance for boards to be accountable to their tenants and residents.
- A new Together with Tenants Charter setting out what tenants and residents can expect from their housing association landlord.
- Tenant and resident oversight and scrutiny of the charter, with a report on how their landlord is doing against the charter commitments.
- A closer link with regulation.
The NHF wants to make sure you are listened to and have greater opportunities to influence decisions made about your home and services we provide.
The eight commitments are:
- Every tenant has the right to be treated with respect.
- Every tenant has the right to a decent, safe home and quality service.
- Every tenant has the right to be listened to and have their view heard on decisions that affect their community, home and the services they get.
- Every tenant has the right to know how the organisation is run, how decisions are made, and how they can get involved.
- Collectively, tenants have the right to influence decisions that affect their community, home and the services they receive.
- Every tenant will have simple, clear and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress.
- Every tenant will receive support and advice when things go wrong or their expectations aren’t met.
- Every tenant will have access to the information they need to make informed decisions and hold their landlord to account.
You can take part on the NHF’s website by doing their online questionnaire