Set up in January 2020, our Community Foundation aims to create new initiatives and partnership working with other local organisations, to help tenants lead better lives and create communities where people want to live.
Over the last three years they have helped 34 local projects/groups and awarded over £130,000, to help encourage community engagement or provide training and educational activities.
One of those projects included a £5,000 contribution to Coltishall Parish Council for the renovation of the village playground, specifically the wheelchair accessible roundabout. Rebecca LaCaille, Customer Engagement Officer, said: “We were delighted to be able to provide funding for the project and finally see it up and running. Being able to provide a piece of play equipment that means every child can join in and play is wonderful to see. We hope it will help bring the community together.”
Some of the other projects they have helped include:
- Funding towards a community defibrillator in Wymondham.
- £3,000 towards a Community Van for the Wymondham Community Kitchen.
- £10,000 to Your Own Place CIC to help with their fundraising campaign ‘Needed Now More Than Ever’ – to help them provide valuable support and services to vulnerable people during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Funding towards new changing facilities, toilets and showers for both males and females at Crusaders RUFC, a Rugby Football Club in Little Melton.
- A grant given to The Aylsham Learning Federation – used to offer families and local community a wide variety of adult learning courses to support social inclusion and employment support during the academic year 2021/2022.
- Funding to Burston & Shimpling Parish Council to re-purposing the playing field in Burston.
To find out more about our Community Foundation, click here.