Ending your tenancy – By You
Saffron can give you a standard form to end your tenancy, and help you to fill it in.
The form can be obtainted by contact us on 01508 532000 or email us at email@example.com
- Give at least four weeks’ notice to us in writing if you are leaving Saffron. The four week notice period will end on a Monday. If you have a joint tenancy, only one tenant needs to give notice to end the tenancy (see clause 3 of Part G)
- Ensure you return all the keys, we will be entitled to claim from you any costs or losses caused by this delay or failure to return the keys including the cost of replacing keys and locks to the property) your keys are returned to our office, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, NR15 2XP by 12.00 noon on the Monday following the end of the tenancy. This can be in person or by post but please ensure that they arrive by 12.00 noon on the Monday or you will be charged rent for each week or part week you retain the keys. If you live in supported housing the keys can be returned to the scheme manager.
- Allow our staff and/or contractors access to the property within the final four weeks of your tenancy. The time and date of the visit(s) will be arranged in advance. You should also allow the new tenants to view the house.
- Leave the property, including loft spaces, garden and any sheds or garages empty clean and tidy.
- Remove all furniture, clothes and other personal belongings.
- Remove any rubbish.
- Clean all surfaces, fixtures and fittings, including toilet, bath, basin, kitchen units and sinks.
- Remove and dispose of all floor coverings unless it has been agreed beforehand that they can be left for the incoming tenant.
- Leave the structure of the property and any fixtures and fittings (such as light fittings and kitchen units) in good condition.
- Remove any fittings that belong to you and repair any damage caused and
- Make sure your rent is up to date and you leave us a forwarding address.
If you fail to leave the property totally empty we will arrange to clear what is left and charge you for doing this. We will also charge you for any repairs needed to the structure, fixtures or fittings that are not the result of wear and tear.
Details of these recharges are on the back of the Notice to Quit.
Before you leave your home for the last time you should make sure you have:
- Read any gas, electric and water meters and sent the readings to the suppliers so they can close the account.
- Told the Council Tax department at the local authority.
- Told other service providers such as telephone and television services.
- Re-directed your post to your new address.
- If you leave the property without telling us, you will be responsible for the full rent and other bills until the date the tenancy ends legally.
What to do when someone has died
We understand how difficult things can be when a friend or relative dies, so we are here to help. Contacting us on 01508 532000 or call at our officer at Saffron Barn Swan Lane, Long Stratton NR15 2XP and a member of staff will be able to advice you.
For more information please contact us on 01508 532000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org