Your Own Place is a social enterprise, based in Norwich, providing solutions to end homelessness. Their new campaign ‘Needed Now More Than Ever’ has been set up to help them continue to provide valuable support and services to vulnerable people during Covid-19.
The campaign specifically aims to:
• Provide clear information through their social media channels
• Tackle isolation through online and virtual activities to keep people from being alone and further isolated.
• Provide e-learning by developing e-learning courses, running webinars and live streaming on YouTube.
• Further training such as e-learning and online workshops, as well as over the phone guidance about budgeting, benefits, paying the rent and finding a new job.
• Online confidence & skills to train the people they usually support to develop their online confidence, skills and to be safe so that they can support themselves and take the next steps they need to.
• Develop the skills and confidence of Volunteer Mentors to help get them online and continue supporting their mentees – young people in the community who are alone and under-supported and need the support.
• Develop new e-learning course for new volunteers to ensure they are skilled and safe.
We have donated £10,000 to Your Own Place CIC to help with their new fundraising campaign in response to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information about Your Own Place’s services, please visit their website here.