The responsibility for looking after your home is a joint one.
We are responsible for most repairs but you are also responsible for some including:
- decorating the inside of your home
- keeping the inside and outside of your home clean
- fixing damage caused by members of your family and visitors
- some minor repairs
Day to day repairs
These are general repairs reported to us by tenants, staff, non-executive directors and others. They include repairs like re-washering a tap and sticking doors. Most are done by appointment.
How do I report a repair?
You can ask for a repair to be carried out by:
- Phoning the Customer Contact Team on 01508 532000 between 8.45am and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.45am to 4.15pm on Friday. This is the most efficient way of reporting your repair as the request is dealt with directly by the people responsible for organising the work. Our busier periods are all day Monday and between 8.45am and 10.30am of each working day. If your request for a repair is not urgent please email email@example.com or try contacting us later in the day or:
- advise your Housing Officer or any other member of staff who is visiting your home
- write to us at Saffron Housing Trust, Saffron Barn, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, NR15 2XP
for non urgent works
- visit our office in person
What will I need to tell you?
When reporting a repair you will need to give:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Information about the nature of the problem and its location within your home
The person taking your call will ask questions to try to identify exactly what the problem is, please be as specific as you can.
Depending on the type of repair, an inspector may have to visit to find out exactly what work is needed. If this is required we will make an appointment with you.
How quickly will you do my repair?
Call our 24 hour number 01508 532000 if you have an out of hours emergency. We will only be able to carry out essential work to stop the situation from becoming worse, such as turning off a faulty appliance and making it safe. Any repair work will not normally be possible until the following working day.
You might get in touch with us if there is:
- Total loss of power
- Severe storm damage
- Blocked sewers
- The property needs securing
- Flooding, including major plumbing faults
- Total loss of heating – at certain times of year and for vulnerable tenants (temporary heating may be supplied).