Changes of tenancy are dealt with by Housing Management using the Home Options system run by South Norfolk Council and other associates.
The maintenance functions of our ‘voids’ team – void meaning that a property is, or is soon going to be, empty – start when you tell us that you will be moving out of your home.
- We will come and survey your property before your tenancy ends to assess its condition and to make you aware of any damage that you might have to pay for.
- Items that are not part of the property will be removed. Please note that there may be a charge for removing items you have left in the property.
- When the property is empty we will complete any repair work that is required, ready for the next person to move in. This work may include plastering or renewing fixtures such as the bath, toilet or kitchen units as well internal doors and other works the surveyor thinks are necessary. Often larger improvements such as kitchen, bathroom, electrical or heating upgrades are refused by tenants due to the disruption they may cause, so if they are necessary we will do them before new tenants move in.
- We will not normally decorate the property, with the exception of sheltered accommodation but you will be provided with a Paint Pack which gives you the opportunity to choose the colour of paint for the walls from a selection of 10 colours.
- Finally the electrical installation and the heating system will be tested to make sure that they are safe and reliable.
- Before the new tenants move in, all of the work carried out will be inspected so that we can be sure that it has been completed to our specification.
For more information about our ‘voids’ process please contact Colin Arterton on 01508 532063 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org